The Historic Faith Forum

Discussion between community members is vital for a holistic learning experience.
Find answers, ask questions, and connect with your community around the world.

Home Forums General Forums Engage The Faith Q&A: Headship and Head Covering Reply To: Q&A: Headship and Head Covering

• Linda Amendt

August 27, 2020 at 12:53 pm

Hello. I hear of how beings the head covering shows submission to the man, if a Husband requires his wife not to veil her head, she should submit to him and this beings the head covering has to do with submission. I’d be interested in hearing I’d be interested in hearingHF insights on this idea. I don’t want to be judge mental of others obeying their husbands in this way. I’ve always thought I would die for this ordinance. Also I have never heard before, go being raised in believing the head covering was essential, That the head covering is a type or picture of the veil Christ And his submission to God. Someone challenged me on this after I said what I had thought I had heard It said in the second sermon. I would like to study it more but I have no idea where to start. It makes sense that there is a deeper meaning but how was Jesus Christ veiled? Was he unveiled through his death and resurrection and the temple veil being rent? And his glory being revealed? Maybe this concept ties in with my previous question… that it’s not just about submission to a woman’s father and or husband…? It thrills me to think of this being true. Thank you and God bless you all.