The Historic Faith Forum

Discussion between community members is vital for a holistic learning experience.
Find answers, ask questions, and connect with your community around the world.

Home Forums General Forums Engage The Faith Q&A: Learner Experience Reply To: Q&A: Learner Experience

• Richard Erhardt

August 10, 2020 at 2:03 pm

Hello dear brother Wray,

it seems the shortage of posts in this discussion must mean that few people have difficulties with this site. I only wanted to share few minor points.

The first one is navigation on a smartphone. The whole forum works very well on a computer screen. There are many ways to navigate and find what I want. However, on a smartphone the site looks somewhat overloaded. This is partly because all the boxes “popular discussions”, “recent discussions”, “recent replies” and “recently active members” are listed at the bottom after the actual discussion. I know that this is a typical approach websites use these days. My suggestion is to minimize these boxes to the title only. When the user clicks on it, it can expand the contents. I don’t know if I’m the only who thinks this way.

The second point is hardly worth mentioning. When I write a reply and use the text formatting buttons, it removes the cursor from the text field. On a computer this is not such a big issue, but on a smartphone it first hides my touchkeyboard and second scrolls the whole site to fit the now bigger space of the screen. Just a small change that might make things easier for smartphone users.

Thirdly I wanted to say that the site is sometimes a bit slow to build. That may be the case because it has so many features, I don’t know.

Anyhow, The Historic Faith is a great blessing. Before it existed, I have often times wished that the rich contents of Scroll Publishing and other great sources would meet an inviting plattform. You have really built just that and I pray this project will grow more in future.