The Historic Faith Forum

Discussion between community members is vital for a holistic learning experience.
Find answers, ask questions, and connect with your community around the world.

Home Forums General Forums Engage The Faith Q&A: The Five Verses Almost Universally Misunderstood by Christians Today. Reply To: Q&A: The Five Verses Almost Universally Misunderstood by Christians Today.

• Kit Solrac Quijoy

July 24, 2020 at 12:16 am

John 3:16

========

Much to my shame, I would like to know its original intent and context of this verse. It seems the most the most fundamental, but I think it’s also the most flawed interpretation and application in the Bible. Was John 3:16 interpreted the way it was originally intent in the original greek language and context? We all know that most evangelicals preach John 3:16 as the gospel. But is it the real gospel? What is sad is it’s used to connote the phrase I often hear among evangelical pastors “unconditional love of GOD”. How do you reconcile GOD to be loving and GOD who sends wicked people to the lake of fire if GOD’s love is that much as how John 3:16 has explicitly and widely interpreted in different Bible translations?

1 Cor. 5:5

=======

What is meant by Paul by saving the sexually immoral in the day of the Lord Jesus? How can you expel or excommunicate a sinner from the church if he/she is going to be saved anyway even though he/she was handed over to satan?

1 Cor. 5:7

=======

If Christ is our Passover lamb, and the early Christians believed that Christ’s blood was an appropriation for our sins to satan, how then do we explain the Passover Lamb’s blood in Exodus 12:23?

1 Cor. 7:12-16

==========

What does Paul meant by unbelieving spouse sanctified by their believing spouse and what is meant by “saving” in verse 16? Isn’t each accountable to their own works come judgement day as what Ezekiel 18:20 explicitly says?

1 Ptr. 1:18-19

==========

How is the concept of redemption here differ from the concept of redemption in Exodus 13:13?

Heb. 10:4-6

=========

How can we reconcile GOD who doesn’t require sacrifices but instituted sacrifices for various sins in Leviticus 1 to 7? Furthermore, the sacrifices required should be unblemished like how GOD rebuked the priests for offering the opposite in Malachi 1:6-14.

I would also like brother David to discuss how we reconcile why GOD conquers people/nations even through violent means and Jesus Christ who preaches and practices non-violent, pacifist position and often revolutionary means in social relations, much like how Celsus raised this against Christians in the 2nd century.